Virgin Islands Corona Response
Cases overview in the Virgin Islands
To learn more about the situation in the Virgin Islands, simply refer to the following sections:
- Virgin Islands ferry services news
- USVI Coronavirus news
- Entering the BVI by ferry
- What can we do to help the Virgin Islands?
Ferries are an essential part of day to day travel for people and goods throughout the USVI and BVI, however some ferry services are currently restricted to minimal scheduling and capacity until further notice.
- Inter Island boat services - Services from St. Thomas to St. John are running daily.
- Native Son Ferry - Running a 3x weekly service from St. Thomas to St. Croix. Limited schedule between St. Thomas and Tortola
- Sensation Ferries - Daily services between Tortola and Virgin Gorda.
- Smith’s Tortola Fast Ferry - Limited schedule between Tortola and St. Thomas
- Speedy’s Ferry Services - Daily services between Tortola and Virgin Gorda.
(Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Beef Island and Jost Van Dyke)
- All travelers are no longer required to provide proof of your vaccination status for entry to the BVI.
- No testing or quarantine requirements on arrival.
(St Thomas, St Croix and St John)
- All travelers are no longer required to complete the USVI Travel Screening Portal or present an approved green QR code to travel to the USVI.
- All travelers are no longer required to provide a negative COVID test result to travel to the USVI.
- All travelers are no longer required to provide proof of COVID vaccination to travel to the USVI.
For more information, you can check the U.S. Virgin Islands Travel Advisory.
The Virgin Island’s tourism industry is in danger, the islands are suffering from an immense economic downturn, putting many people out of work and under incredible strain. A way to help the locals is to consider rescheduling your travel plans instead of cancelling bookings and asking for refunds.
When travelling, explore more of the region than you may have previously considered. St Thomas, St John, St Croix, Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Beef Island and Jost Van Dyke are all within easy reach of each other and offer something unique and worth experiencing. You can learn more about the region to help plan your trip on our dedicated BVI Travel Guide and USVI Travel Guide pages.
If you had a fast boat booking for travel in the next few months or for other destination-related questions, feel free to contact us directly if you wish to reschedule your trip. We also invite you to consult our Terms and Conditions if you have any questions regarding a cancellation.