Diving Virgin Gorda
Dive DVI offers the best equipped and most experienced diving in the Virgin Islands since 1975. It is the best choice for snorkeling, diving and day tripping. With over 10,000 certifications issues, their instructors are always ready to help you achieve your goal. Whether you are on a full course, or just need to complete Open Water Dive requirements, their staff is able to offer SSI, PADI and NAUI dives.
With the variety of course fees and class times, you can always pick what fits your budget and schedule best. They will make sure you are comfortable with the skills and equipment you need to dive. The SSI Open Water Diver certification training consists of the following: Academics, Pool Training and Open Water Sessions. Other courses and training are: Scuba Diving, Checkout Dives, Continuing Diver Education, Rebreather Diving, Specialty Courses and SSI Medical Waiver.
From the beautiful coral reefs of Great Dog to the history of the RMS Rhone shipwreck and fish-filled currents flowing around the Cockroach Islands, you are sure to find what you are looking for. The most popular dive sites include:
- Mountain Point, the Aquarium and The Invisibles on Virgin Gorda
- The Wreck of the RMS Rhone
- The Wreck of the Chikuzen
- Diamond Reef, Lee Bay and Brewers Bay on Scrub Island
- The Chimney, Wall To Wall and The Flintstones on The Dog Islands
- Ginger Steps, Alice’s Backside and Alice in Wonderland on Ginger Islands
- Dry Rocks East, Wreck Alley and Devil’s Kitchen on Cooper Island
The dive shop is located in the North Sound, Virgin Gorda at the Bitter End Yacht Club. Convenient rendezvous diving or hotel pick-up from Biras Creek Resort, Leverick Bay and Yacht Harbor in Spanish town is available. If you manage to already be on a boat, they can still meet you and show you the best dives sites around.
Sunchasers offers the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course, where you can learn and dive in just 4 hours. Take the PADI Open Water course and continue all the way through Divemaster if you wish to.
Please note: To take part in any PADI dive courses, a medical questionnaire will need to be completed. The courses available are as follows:
- Bubblemaker, for the smaller ones
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving
- PADI Open Water Course
- Open Water Referrals
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course
- Emergency First Response
- PADI Rescue Course
- PADI Divemaster Course
From arches, massive coral heads, canyons to the world famous RMS Rhone, and a plane wreck. All dive sites are within 15 to 45 minutes by boat from the dive shop. It all depends on the divers on board and the weather conditions. Some of the dive sites include:
- The Invisibles and The Chikuzen in unprotected areas
- Cow’s Mouth and Big Grotto in the Dog Islands
- Alice in Wonderland and Ginger Steps on Ginger Island
- Cistern Point and Vanishing Rock on Cooper Island
- Rhone Bow and Rhone Stern on Salt Island
If you’re looking for a place to stay while diving, The Bitter End Yacht Club is the answer. You can enjoy the seaside bungalows and enjoy the resort’s 60 acres and their anchorage as your own playground. The Bitter End Yacht Club generates their own electricity, distills its own water, uses solar power and irrigates the garden with waste shower water.