Native Son Ferry
Native Son Inc. is regarded as the pioneer of professional ferry services in the Virgin Islands, having operated with a high degree of reliability and efficiency for nearly 40 years since the company's conception in 1977.
Native Son Ferry provides multiple daily transfers from St. Thomas to Tortola and back. Click on the map to view the current schedule or use the search box to discover prices and availability, and book your ticket.
The crossing time between Charlotte Amalie to Road Town Tortola is approximately 45 minutes, while the Red Hook to West End Tortola departure takes just 30 minutes. The high speed vessels each have an air conditioned cabin and outside sun deck where you can enjoy amazing views.
Native Son Ferry Schedule
|To:||Departure days:||Departure time:||
Approx. Arrival Time:
|St. Thomas (Charlotte Amalie)||St. Croix (Chritiansted)||Fridays, Wednesdays & Sundays||
|St. Croix (Chritiansted)||St. Thomas (Charlotte Amalie)||Fridays, Wednesdays & Sundays||4.00 PM||5.30 PM|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please check the current BVI Covid-19 entry protocol before booking!
One (1) carry-on bag: No charge. Checked bags: $5 for each bag.
All luggage/baggage must be checked in at the counter.
- Carry On - One bag, up to 30lbs allowed that fits into 22 x 14 x 9 in (56 x 36 x 23 cm) sizing unit (regular roller bag)
Checked Baggage - Any bag up to 50lbs. Baggage in excess of 50lbs and oversized baggage may be subject to additional charges.
Additional fees: port fees, security taxes and departure taxes are not included in your ticket cost. Please note: port fees are $10 from St. Thomas to Tortola. Fees from Tortola to St. Thomas are $15 for BVI residents, and $20 for non-residents.
- The full ticket price will be charged for any cancellation less than 48 hours prior to boat departure.
- Within 2 weeks, but outside 48hrs, you will receive a 50% refund minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges).
- Outside 2 Weeks prior to departure, you will receive a full refund minus any charges applied to make the refund (see general Terms and Conditions).
- Refunds will be provided in case of last minute cancellations of a departure due to mechanical failure.
Native Son Ferry Fleet:
|Craft Name:||Adventurer||Lady Virginia||Native Son Express|
|Full Load Capacity:||28 Short ton|
|Overall Length:||100 Feet||100 Feet||94.8 Feet|
|Overall Breadth:||21.5 Feet||25 Feet||21.5 Feet|
|Height:||29 Feet||30 Feet||25 Feet|